Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inactivate OptionButton and CheckBox 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuanwang

Technical User
Jul 24, 2002
SE
Does anyone know how to inactivate OptionButton? The problem is when I select one option it can work, for example it can go to another form, but when I come back to the orginal form, this optionbutton is still selected, when you click it, nothing happened, you can not inactivate it. It bother me much. This happen also with the CheckBox. I hope some talents can solve this problem. Chuan Wang
Royal Institute of Technology
Stockholm, Sweden
Homepage:

Hi,

You can use the Value property to disable or enable the option button or checkbox.

Like Option1.Value = False

You can certainly set the value of a checkbox and/or option button in code as LuckyLuke has shown.

If you using Option Buttons - then the values are True and False, but for CheckBoxes - the values are vbChecked and vbUnchecked.

Also, you need to be aware the setting these controls in code will fire the associated click events. Good Luck
--------------
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

Hi CajunCenturion,

Very happy to hear you again. Could you look at thread222-331995 and thread222-332708 again. I do believe that you can solve this problem because that you are familiar with my case. Thanks again! Chuan Wang
Royal Institute of Technology
Stockholm, Sweden
Homepage:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back