Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inaccurate rendering of a GIF (animated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanku

Technical User
Feb 19, 2002
GB
I've had this problem in both Fireworks 4 and MX.

THE SITUATION - I'm loading an animated GIF and then adding a border. The border is a simple 1-pixel black line, and is on a layer, shared across all frames.

THE PROBLEM - when I export and view in Internet Explorer (or do an F12-preview) the side of the image has been mushed up a bit, like it's come unstuck from the edge. It's wierd. It looks perfect in the "original" and "preview" windows within Fireworks, but not after export in IE5.

I'll post a link to a page with examples when I get it done. Anyone come across this? Thanks in advance!

why don't you add the border to the gif before you export it- instead of within the html?

Sometimes, when my code just won't behave, I take it outside and make it listen to britney spears music, and when it comes back it's really well behaved. I wonder if it's suffering from post tramatic stress syndrome now..

The border is within the graphic (before I've exported it), not part of the HTML - it's on a layer, shared across all frames.

I still can't figure it out.

OK - I've just had some help from another contact, and he has fixed the problem by reducing the blackness of the border in a couple of the frames... particularly the frames immediately preceeding major scene changes. To reduce the visibility of this, these new borders were only used in extra 1/100th-second frames.

Interesting... wonder if this is a bug in I.E. (the problem isn't evident in Nescape) or a bug in FW, or a problem with the GIF standard itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back