Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

jocasio

IS-IT--Management
Oct 11, 2002
US
Hey gang:

I hope you all can help. I've run into and have been able toresolve this issue while installing Win 2K, but the machine I'm receiving this error message on has been running Win 2K for at least a year now. I came into work this morning and rebooted my system. when it started, it goes through the BIOS check, and then it get's the black screen with the status bar for windows. Once this is complete, I receive the BSoD with the error stated above. The entire message is as follows:
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0x08273EAB0,0xC000009C,0x00000000,0x00000000)
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check you hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your compter.

Refer to your Getting Started manual for more information on troublshooting Stop errors.

Well, I don't have any viruses on the box, I have not installed any new hard drives or HD controllers, there is also no corruption on the HD.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be the culprit.

Many thanks for your assistance in thsi.

jocasio

The Windows re-install (after changing the boot sequence from C only to CD first)...solved the problem. I ran the diagnostic and all tested clear.

Thank you for your help!

I tell you what guys, bcastner (IS/IT--Manageme)is the man. Thank god for your solution to this problem. Booting to the 2000 disk, entering recovery console, then using chkdsk /r worked like a charm. No given it did take over 30 minutes to run that was far less then rebuilding the machine. My cause of crash was the PC locked up while running and forced a hard reset. I received the Inaccesible_boot_device error, did a search in this forum for a solution, and here I sit with a PC back up and running in a little over an hour. Thanks a lot Bcastner...wherevere you are!

hi i came into work this morning and this mesage came up on my computer when i put in on can any one help. i have tryed to press del and go into set up but i cant get passed the blue screen i tryed to put in the windows set up cd but still cant get passed tyhe blue screen and i also tryed to use a boot disc but this give me the mesage file \ ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded . the erroe code is 7 i would be gratefull for any help on this i have not much experance in this

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0x0820bccd0,0xC0000032,0x00000000,0x00000000)
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check you hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your compter.

Refer to your Getting Started manual for more information on troublshooting Stop errors.

Have similar problem. Hope someone can help. Have built a machine few months ago, ASUS P5AD2 Premium m/b, 3 GHz etc...
Have had a spell of instability problems, but sorted them out and system was stable last 3 months. Yesterday I could not boot the system: inaccesiible_boot_device, tried booting from CDROM (after changing bios) no luck, tried booting using floppy startup disk, PC does not recognise there is a hard drive.
I seem lost and I have a lot of data on the PC; I have learnt a lesson and ordered another HD, Now can anyone please help?

A big thanks to Bill Castner for his input. His suggestion got my cpu back up and running. I do backups, but when you get one of these error messages it sure adds new meaning to more frequent backups.

Again, thanks to the many hints/suggestions in this forum.

Redneck...

My Dads computer used to get inaccessible_boot_device errors all the time. It would happen any time I installed a Win 2K patch or a new driver or program which required a reboot to complete installation.

He had an old, old 5400 RPM hard drive, and I guess the overload of copying operating system components and such in addition to the normal boot sequence was just too much for it. I solved the problem by booting once into safe mode. After that, the system would be fine... until the next patch got installed.

I try not to let my ignorance prevent me from offering a strong opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back