Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INACCESIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE -Upgrading from 2000 pro to XP pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

zed994

Technical User
Sep 11, 2003
AU
Hello,
I am in need of help badly,

last evening i was attempting to upgrade my Dell Inspiron 7000 from Windows 2000 Professional to Windows XP professional as the rest of my home network was this, i Flashed my BIOS to "A15" from dell and started the install, after the first reboot it comes up saying it cant access the
"drvindex.inf" from the cd.

I thought all was well and rebooted as it asked me to, well i was wrong as on reboot i got the message - 0x0000007b (0xf741b84c, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Could Somebody PLEASE help as i need my computer badly.

Thankyou In advance

Alex

The best thing to do would probably be to do a Windows XP clean install via the BIOS. Set your boot priority and let the BIOS pick the CD-ROM up on startup.

Thankyou, but what about saving some of my files is there a way to do this through the recovery prompt with the windows 2000 boot disks(to my network etc??), as to do a clean install is it not needed to delete old windows files etc.. or what is the best way to do a clean install??

Thankyou

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back