Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INAAU - Anybody going? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildcard100001

Technical User
Jul 25, 2003
US
Anybody else going? It's May 20th - 24th in San Antonio...

Thanks,

Wildcard

I won't be attending this year, but I have gone in past years. I have always found the sessions hosted by users to be the most useful, and they always seem to have some pretty good group discussions. Always have at least 2 sessions planned for the same time. If it's not what you expected, don't be afraid to walk out and go to another one. I've found on occasion the session description will sound like a mini-class, and ends up being a sales pitch. If you purchase from 3rd party vendors taht will be attending, find out if they are having a party. Avaya always has the main dinner/party early in the week, and vendors on the days after. Most are by invitation only.

I attended the 402 - Switch Admin Tips and Tricks last year and would recommend it.

The same people are hosting this year's session and in their presentation they mention
I also attended several sessions hosted by David Lover from Cross. I haven't looked closely at the sessions yet, but if he is hosting any that you are thinking of attending, I highly recommend taking them. He was a very good presenter. (and no, I don't work for Cross or have any affiliation with them) ;-)

- Stinney

Favorite all too common vendor response: "We've never seen this issue before.

I agree with Stinney, as I attended a webinar that David Lover presented, and he is a good speaker and knows his stuff. (and no, I don't work for Cross either, nor have any kind of affiliation with them, but they seem to be a good BP)

I am really excited to get there and start learning...

gblucas

My co-worker attended last year's conference, and spoke very highly of Dave Lover's presentations, also. I'll mark all 3-4 of his presentation to attend. Glad to know that they mention TT.

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work." - Thomas A. Edison

OK, I went and I never talked to anyone who said that they used this forum on a regular basis. I did find that the conference was very beneficial, and I hope to be able to make this an annual event.

I want to thank everyone who helps on this forum, and hope that sometime in the future that I can meet some of you.

gblucas

I'd agree....

Several times I'd casually say Tek-Tips a bit louder than speaking...hoping to find somebody... LOL But I didn't find anybody either. My work peers got a kick out of it. Maybe next time... There was a ton of people... I'd say twice as many as Miami.

Thanks,

Wildcard

The table dance would have done the trick...

[cheers}

We will work harder at it next yeat guys.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Yes, I kept looking for someone standing on a table shouting, or some such, but I didn't see anything like this either. Large crowd, around 2400+ attendees. Learned a lot of good information which I'll be busy trying out next week. Perhaps we'll do a better job of meeting each other at next year's conference in San Diego!

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work." - Thomas A. Edison

SAN DIEGO???!!! HEY I'm in San Diego!!! We have a great Local User Group, we will host an event or something I promise! I'm so excited, MIKEY you better be there, and I want to meet Susan and wildcard and gblucas, (maybe even dwalin)!!!

If anyone went to the session on "Switch Admin Tips & Tricks" they always mention tek-tips as a good location to find miscellaneous technical information. Even if you have been in telecom for several years, this is a good session to take in at the conference.......I always learn something new or at least are reminded of something I had forgotten.

At one of the sessions I took, the presenter said that InAAU was sending out all of the sessions on thumb drives to all attendees. Anyone else hear this, or can validate that this is true? Would save me tons of time instead of d/l all of them from the web like I did last year.

- Stinney

Favorite all too common vendor response: "We've never seen this issue before.

I heard the same thing...It was in the Advanced Vectoring class on Sunday. One of the instructors, Judi Silliere of Cartus, who is now taking the role of CTO for InAAU said that during her presentation. I asked around a bit and I got nothing but blank stares and "Deer in Headlight" looks. My brother attended the conference as well, and he said that he had heard nothing about that. He has been to a couple of conferences and said that if you didn't get it at the conference, you most likely would not see it. This was my first one, so I don't know what InAAU plans to do.

Anyone else hear of it????

gblucas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back