Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

in windows xp radio button to view hidden files and folders stucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandar1607

Technical User
Aug 22, 2009
IN
i am using windows xp proffesional when i try to uncheck radio button to view hidden files and folder it again revert to same so i can see hidden files and folder in xp ....could anyone please help with this.......

Is your computer a stand alone computer or a member of a domain? If a member of a domain then it could be group policy that is preventing you from unchecking the radio button.

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.

yes it is a member of domain could you please assist in gpedit where should i edit to overcome this as only one user are facing this issue over domain thanks for help....

If it is only one user then it is unlikely group policy.

Is the user having the same issue on other computers? Are other users having the issue on the computer in question?

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.

This might sound banal, but...

...have you clicked "Apply to all" after unchecking the radio button?

[navy]"We had to turn off that service to comply with the CDA Bill."[/navy]
- The Bastard Operator From Hell

no only that particular user is having issue might be virus or something ...............

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Anything in the above key set for "NoSaveSettings" for the user?

Or is there any other value set in there that might be causing the problem?

linney under polices.....dword value is setas 91 is that something wrong thanks for help......

0 = Enables Save Settings on Exit.

1 = Disables Save Settings on Exit.

As far as I know there is no data value that should = 91

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back