Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

In Win2000 Video Shows A "Green" Screen?? Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertRat1955

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
US
Running Win200 Pro with the latest version of MS (ver9) Media Player I have a customer who when he tries to play any video all he gets is a "green" screen. When he, and I, stop the video, minimize the screen and then maximize it it shows the last frame of the video as i should, but trying to play it....green screen. Have un-installed every program that has to do with video and audio and then re-installed, same problem. Also have obtained all the latest codecs and still no luck. Help someone please as I have very little hair left....Thanks

Try reducing the hardware acceleration level for the graphics driver ( display properties -> advanced button -> troubleshooting )
<< JOC >>

Thanks for the suggestion Jocsta but I have already tried that....all to no avail. Anybody else have any ideas??? cheers

wrong driver or system is maxed out. pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

I'm having same problem I think. It seems like mine is worse Know. When I try playing any movies mine immidetly shuts down. I have everthing updated and tried everything you menthioned. I have Duel boot on this computer and I dont have this problem with XP. My tempary fix for this is to set up Real player as default player.

But I think the only way I'll be able to fix this for good is to Re-Install Win2000 again. What a pain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back