Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

In-Skin conversation recording (*78) arent forward by email to user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinoss

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2019
CA
Hi,
We’ve a NEC SV9100 9.0 and we’ve problem, in-skin conversation recording (*78) arent forward by email to user.
It used to work fine, but for now on, the user doesn’t receive is recording by email, but the recording stills go in the user’s voicemail. If user receive a normal voicemail, he receives his voicemail by email and it’s working fine. Sender email is InMail@domain.com. We use an office 365 account for that email. When Recording to email was working, sender email was username@domain. I guess I need to change the email used by this function to the InMail address, but I can’t figure it out how to change it.
Can you help me out?
Thanks

Assuming you know how to log into the phone system using Webpro (let me know if you need more detail), go into system data expand 47-XX on the left then into 47-18. This is the SMTP settings for VM to email. I would also check 10-12 (your network setup) if anything changed with your DNS Server you will have to update it there. I use a gmail account to do VM to email for all my clients. Never fails. Let me know if you want to know how I set that up.

Hi guys,

Thank you for your answers

@John Robertson: In 47-18: InMail SMTP Setup, the parameters are already defined. They work well because users receive e-mails for each standard voicemail messages they receive. In 10-12, the WebPro's IP address is filled in section 10-12-09. For 10-12-01, the IP address is empty (0.0.0.0). Do I have to fill that? The primary DNS (10-12-13) used in this section is our internal DNS and the secondary address (10-12-14) is 8.8.4.4.
Since most emails work, I'm not tempted to switch everything to gmail, but I could do it for testing purposes. I will use your already provided guide: Thank you

@belevedere. My guess is we use the InMail VM chip. Here is our blade and our licenses, if that can help:
1.3_i12d1m.png

Thanks

The voicemail to email sends differently for a recorded call versus voicemail to email. It does not come from the same place. I want to say that a recorded call comes from unknown@domain but I cant remember exactly but I do know it is different for each for sure. have you looked in junk or clutter for the messages that are missing

AK greatland
Just another beautiful day in the land of communications

Yes, you have the inmail chip. Programming is done in 47-18, and the individual email is in 47-02. Verify your licensing. Also verify that the mailboxes using the vm-em feature are the low numbered boxes in 47-02 as those use the licenses first. (1-63) per your licensing.
My notes on office 365;
Office 365 must have SMTP relay set up.
We recommend the following settings in PRGM 47-18:
Enter the credentials of the Office 365 user who you want to use to relay SMTP mail.
Select TLS Encryption.
Select Outbound Connections, and in the TCP Port box, enter 587 and select OK.
Select Advanced and specify SMTP.office365.com as the Smart Host.
Office 365 will need to allow 1) SMTP connection 2) login and authentication using SSL encryption 3) support for SMTP relay.
MB 10-12-01 is left at 0.0.0.0

Thanks for your time

@AKgreatland : I’m in the impression that the recorded call to email isn’t able to authentificated himself to the SMTP. Do you know where I can edit the setting for recorded call to email?

@ belevedere
Licences should be fine, I’m using 42 VM right now
Gotcha, I’m not using a SMTP relay, I’m using smtp.office365.com
Do you know if GMAIL needs a SMTP relay? Might be easier to set that than a relay…
although, I don’t see those options: « Select Outbound Connections, and in the TCP Port box, enter 587 and select OK.
Select Advanced and specify SMTP.office365.com as the Smart Host.”

Regards

Gmail;
01 - SMTP Enabled -1
02 - Server Name smtp.gmail.com
03 - SMTP Port 465
04 - Encryption -1
05 - Authentication Yes
06 - Username xyx@gmail.com
07 - Password password
08 - Email Address xyx@gmail.com
09 - Reply To Address xyx@gmail.com

Hi,
Thanks for your help guys, I’ve fixed the problem.

As AKgreatland mentioned, email sends differently for a recorded call versus voicemail to email. For recorded call, email used is user’s 47-02-21. For voicemail, 47-18-08 is used. SMTP specified in 47-18-02 is used for both emails. As in the defaut o365 SMTP (smtp.office365.com), we need authentification (47-18-05) and that information wasn’t set for recorded call emails.

As belevedere said, Office 365 must have SMTP relay set up.
Tutoriels for setting up a SMTP relay : Videos :
After the relay is setup,
Enable 47-18-01 – SMTP
Change 47-18-02 for your MX endpoint, e.g. yourdomain-com.mail.protection.outlook.com
Set 47-18-03 - SMTP Port to 25
Uncheck 47-18-04 - Encryption
Disable 47-18-05 – Authentification

Test and Enjoy

Regards and thanks again guys for your help/time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back