Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

In MS Word (XP) how to convert a horizontal table to a vertical one

Status
Not open for further replies.

mubarak

Technical User
Dec 5, 2002
EG
How to do this without having to change the page orientation to landscape (to keep the page number in its correct position). OR if this is not possible by a simple click or function, is it possible to change the page number position in a landscaped page to the left side (and horizontal) so that it can be read correctly when included in a multipaged document or a book.

if you place the page number into the header or footer it doesnt matter what the page orientation is

hth Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic

[yoda]

It dependes on how you inserted the page numbers.
1. Header/Footer toolbar or
2.Insert/Page Number?

If you used number 2, then, first turn off "Same As Previous" for the landscape page, and also the section following it. Go to View, Toolbars and display the Tables and Borders toolbar. Click on the page number for the landscape page, then click "Change Text Direction" button on the Tables toolbar. Position the page number where you want it.

I am really grateful to both of you "MazeWorx" & "xlhelp", You gave me a very much helpful tip which will make my life very much easier. I immediately tried it and it worked magnificently.
I would dream that "Microsoft" would made this function much easier in the following versions "by just a click of mouse", or they can add the function of "rotate table" similar to "rotate picture", or a function for directly positioning the page number on the Rt. or Lt side of the page.
There still remains a simple problem, how to "move and position" the page number (in the landscape page) in a position exactly same as other portrait pages in the same document (especially if you are going to publish a book)? I doubt if any one can manually position it in the correct place, you will need some kind of a scale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back