Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

######## in Excel cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

z96andh

Programmer
Oct 1, 2001
SE
Hi!

When i export from Crystal Report 8 with u2fxls.dll (2000-01-26) i get ######## in all cells that are 0 (zero). If Í look at the cell format it is:

0_);-0;&quot;<Default Format>&quot;

I haven't received this error before...

BR
/Anders

When I widen the column the following is shown in the cells:

<Default Format>

The format applied to these cells specifies that a zero value should result in the text &quot;Default Format&quot; to appear there.

hth,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Hi!

But why should it result in &quot;Default Format&quot;? Where is that configured in Crystal Reports?

Try this:

If you go into the field this is happening to and go to format field. You can go into customize. You will see under &quot;Show zero values as&quot; You can change this from <default format> to 0. See if that works.

Kim Chavis

In newer versions of Crystal you have some control over the export for numbers and dates.

Perhaps there's a hotfix on the crystaldecisions, er, businessobjects website to correct it:

BTW, are we to refer to ourselves as Businessobjects consultants now?

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back