Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

In CCM 4.1(2)can i transfer incoming external Calls transfer question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETBOY

Technical User
Dec 2, 2002
PT
Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible configure an ip phone to forward all calls to a external number (i know that is), but when if i unregister the phone (unplug phone) calls are forwarded?

BR.

MC

Should be; although I've never had a reason to test it. Whatever forwarding you set in the Call Foward All setting should still take effect if the phone is unforwarded...is this a desired result?

TMH

Hi,

This is a new instalation i don't have phones yet but i have the server and gateway so temporaly i want to import BAT file with the directory numbers....and forward all external calls that i receive in that directory numbers.

BR,
MC

I'm pretty sure that will work. I know for a fact that if we unpatch a phone or if a phone is disabled for any reason, calls will still forward to voicemail, because that's what we have the CFNA and CFB set to, so I don't see any reason why the scenario you described wouldn't work...

TMH

simply any external call comes 1st to the CCM before reaching the phone itself so the routing (frwd) will be in the direction of the other phone inspit of the status of the phone itself cause directory number is at a layer lower than the phone one ...

You can also delete the phone config and just activate th DN number in "Route Plan Report" section from the CCM admin

PV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back