Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IN-BAND OR ISDN VOICEMAIL SIGNALING

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdtech

Technical User
Oct 8, 2002
US
I'D LIKE TO CONNECT A VOICEMAIL SYSTEM THAT CAN BE CONFIGURED FOR ANALOG PORTS OR ISDN. UNFORTUNATELY IT DOESN'T SUPPORT SMDI SERIAL SIGNALING. I REMEMBER THAT PRIOR TO BC5, THE MD110 USED IN-BAND SIGNALING. IS THERE A WAY TO GET IN-BAND OR ISDN SIGNALING FOR VOICEMAIL IN BC9 OR LATER?

No inband that i know of ( if not someone else out there have theese patch packets CDS's again then)

MD can connect to voicemail systems with four different
setups:
1) Analog lines + with serial icu interface.
2) Cas extensions + with serial icu interface .
3)DPNSS
4)ISDN

Of cource the voice system must support the trunk
integrations for theese to be an alternative.

SYAR

By the way ,, beware
if this md is networked ,then use the same
signalling system to voicemail.

THANKS SYAR2003 FOR THE RESPONSE. I'M AWARE OF THE REMOTE DPNSS OR PRI QSIG CONNECTED TO A HOST MD WITH VOICEMAIL. WHAT ABOUT GETTING THE HOST MD TO SIGNAL TO A VOICEMAIL THAT IS DIRECTLY CONNECTED TO IT. I GUESS WHAT I NEED IS FOR THE MD TO EMULATE A CENTRAL OFFICE ISDN. THANKS AGAIN SYAR2003!

Hi,

Recently, i had encounter NIU hang for VM using In-band signal for Md BC10 & BC11.

The problem is that every time after VM send a few command to inform MD to turn ON the message waiting lamp.( The whole transmission took only about 5 secs But just after the VM completed the transmission , My NIU will just stop outputting the heartbeat to the VM system & caused the entire VM to breakdown.

Every day we need to RFBOI the NIU card then the VM is back to operation.

Right now the NIU is in version BC11 P16C.But thec problem still persist.

Unfortunately, i do not have any more IPU card.Bcos we do not encounter the problem on IPU card at all.

Thank You.

In bc10 there is an omr for Ethernet connection to onebox.
The question here is not ethernet gici.
So that it's not an issue when using tlu76/1 or tlu76/2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back