Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

In an Excel environment, when chang

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmr064

Technical User
Jun 6, 2003
US
In an Excel environment, when changes are made to the standard toolbar, such as adding a button with a macro assigned, where is this information recorded, and can it be retrieved after a technician has uninstalled the previous version of Office, and installed a new one?

If your technician has uninstalled and installed a new version, then I'm afraid that your settings are gone.

You might want to check for all (*.xlb) files, the toolbar file for Excel XP for example is Excel10.xlb. Unfortunately I believe that these files are deleted when Office is uninstalled.

Peace! [peace]

Mike

Never say Never!!!
Nothing is impossible!!!

Mike, thanks for the explicit info. Now I know what to save in some other folder. The tech said "I didn't know that you could change that stuff!" Because I change the toolbar a fair amount, this info will help in the future, and a star to you for taking the time to respond. Also, I think I can get a copy from a backup.
[thumbsup]

I'm glad I could help, and I hope that you find the backup copy. I'm not sure if it will work in a newer version of Office though. But, I'm sure it's worth a try.

Good Luck!

Peace! [peace]

Mike

Never say Never!!!
Nothing is impossible!!!

tmr064,

not to be greedy, but I'm still waiting for my star. :)

Thanks

Peace! [peace]

Mike

Never say Never!!!
Nothing is impossible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back