Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

In Access 97, Number 5 shows a 6 when typed

Status
Not open for further replies.

suelew

MIS
Jan 23, 2002
US
I have an issue in Access 97 where when the number "5" is pressed on the keyboard, a number "6" appears on the screen. I have tried reinstalling Office 97 and also tried replacing the keyboard (2 times) but neither helped. This only happens in Access - not in any other Office application. If I go to another system on my network and use Access, I do not have this problem. It is definitely isolated to the machine. Has anyone out there ever seen this happen? Thanks in advance for the help! NOTE: I tried to use the "keyword search" in my forums but I get the message that it is "down for maintenance" for a few days now. Is everyone else experiencing this?

I have now found out the the "5" appears as a "6" in Word and Excel too, so it is an Office issue, not just Access 97 issue.

You may have a problem with the key itself. Try replacing the keyboard and see if the problem goes away. The keyboard may need some heavy cleaning. -Radix lecti

I tried replacing the keyboard 2 times already - still happens.

Do you have any strange keyboard commands in your startup that may be affecting the way in which Windows is interpreting your keyboard strokes?
Marc

Do you have any clever programmers in your shop that may be playing a practical joke on you?

Someone may have been playing tricks...turns out that the #5 was being "autocorrected" to #6 in the Tools, Autocorrect setting. Don't know if a Macro virus could have caused this or if the user did this unintentionally?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back