Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

In a nut shell, how do you program call routing to an alternate trunk? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

surferdude949

Programmer
Oct 13, 2008
US
For fail over situation, I have 3 trunks and in case my 2 main trunk fails, how do I send calls to my 3rd trunk?

S8500 CM5

Outbound calls? But the third trunk in your route patterns as the last choice.

Here are more details on my set up.

PRI for in & out <---->S8500 CM5 --------> MPLS 4 digit dial ---> remote G450 gateway <--- PRI incoming and outgoing

If the remote G450's PRI goes down, how do I program my S8500 to have all outgoing calls route through the MPLS via the S8500's PRI?

If the G450 is just a media gateway registered to CM at the S8500 then you can simply put the trunk group of the remote PRI in the route pattern as a last choice. You would also need to do some digit manipulation if the systems are geographically diverse so that 7 digit calls from either location went out as 10 digit in a failover scenario.

If the G450 is standalone with an S8300 and you are using AAR and UDP the setup would be a little bit different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back