Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

In a bit of a muddle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan - Gendev

Programmer
Jan 9, 2011
AU
Further to thread184-1228236 and thread184-1830162 I have suffered a corrupted pjx file for my project. I now find that thebackup I did to another drive also contains the corruption.

So I went back to Mike's suggestion of creating a new project file running vfp from program files. I then CD to the folder holding all my project files - added man.prg and saved the project. I then tried to build again - I get the message 'File is in use by another user'

I am stuck!! Can anyone suggest how to proceed?

Gendev

Hi,

Did you exclude from antivir SW your folder with source code?

mJindrova

Bryan,
In VFP under Tools the Options, select the File Locations tab.
For the "Default Directory" item, set the path to your project. Click Set as Default.
Now when you enter VFP, this will be the default location.
You won't have any files open at that point.
Create a new project with a different name. (Like, MyProject1 instead of MyProject. this is temporary).
Under PRGs add your main.prg, and save the project.
Click Build in the Project Manager window. When Build Options comes up, select the first radio button "Rebuild project".
See if this resolves your problem. You may be doing something intuitively that is otherwise preventing it from working.
But key here is, don't use the same project name.

Best Regards,
Scott
MSc ISM, MIET, MASHRAE, CDCAP, CDCP, CDCS, CDCE, CTDC, CTIA, ATS, ATD

"I try to be nice, but sometimes my mouth doesn't cooperate.

Thanks Gents,
I have solved the problem and created and run a new exe file from my project <VBG>
I used procmon from sysinternals to watch what was happening with vfp9.exe when I use the Build button. Sure enough it showed me a 'Corrupted File'
After a chkdsk /r I was able to delete the offending prg and pick up the backup file and copy it into my project folder.
I am much relieved!!
GenDev

Great. That was going to be my next step (identify bad files).
Beware... if you fixed that with a chkdsk, there could still be data corruption inside the offending file, it just no longer causes a disk issue. So proceed with caution. (What was the file type that it was stuck on?)

Best Regards,
Scott
MSc ISM, MIET, MASHRAE, CDCAP, CDCP, CDCS, CDCE, CTDC, CTIA, ATS, ATD

"I try to be nice, but sometimes my mouth doesn't cooperate.

Scott,
It was a prg file.I opened the backup file to check it's currency and recompiled then created the new exe. Ran the relevant section using the uncorrupted file.

GenDev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back