Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IMS volume low when played on computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2004
US
I have installed IMS and set it up to play the messages to my computer. Volume is so low you can't really understand the message. This is specially an issue when playing on the laptop versus desktop. All of my volume controls are cranked up to the roof. We are running on 412 and 403 with VoicemailPro. Swithces are on 2.1 and voicemail has weird characters so I can’t even say what it is. I know it is not 2.1 for sure as I am holding on the update for I don’t know what reason. Anyways.

Any ideas how to make it louder?

George

the wired characters are due to the screen resolution & colour depth of your display
select somthing greater than 256 colous & it will be fine

Do you have the same issue?

Reports of a site with the same issue, I haven't had a chance to investigate yet, was hoping you had found something (read looking for an easy answer *smile*).

Peter

Did anyone ever solve the volume issue?

------------------
Michael Wilson
Dir. of I.T.
REMAX Allegiance

Brand new install the other day - Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003 and all users with XP SP2. Applied all DCOM setting changes

Got EVERYTHING to work so far apart from when you delete the email, it doesn't delete it from your phone (red light stays on) - if you listen to it over your phone and delete, your email messages gets deleted as it should. I think the deleting it from your email is a bug and is listed as bug as I have been told from the 3.1 notes

BugDB00024022 - IMS Synch problems with IMS client running on XP SP2 - MWL does not go out
BugDB00024057 - IMS does not extinguish MWI on phone when message is retireved

I don't remember a problem with the volume when played over computer - will check it out.

What's annoying the customer most is the following:-

1) When we insall the GUI on the user's outlook, it doesn't just connect - it pops up a IMS login screen where the only thing it seems to accept is the voicemail username and password - does everyone get this?

2) EACH time we login, it scans all of the user's Outlook folders - some users have a load of folders, so does this happen to everyone and is there a way to stop this! After the scan everything is fine - it just does it each time Outlook is opened.

Thanks all.

same problems here. I found that if I do the DCOM changes the login window goes away, but the message lamps are still hit and miss at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back