Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IMS Problem on 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBublitz

IS-IT--Management
Apr 11, 2005
US
Ok here at work IMS works great i installed. Set it up on customer site I cannot get it to work. I install the server go in ims admin. Setup the user as 3.0 documentation says to. Then install ims client on machine and type in mail box name extension and point the install twords the server using FQDN server.domain.com. Well when you open outlook and try to connect it wont connect. I type in ims account setup that I use to run the ims service on the VMPro computer. then select the right domain. It wont let me connect if i can get the damn thing to connect imshure ims will work just fine. The user thats running the servce has no password not sure if that will prevent it. Tho if it did im sure youd get some sort of warning.

Billy Bublitz
Jungle Logic

What OS is it running? Is it Windows XP with SP2?

Kinda got avaya involved alot of problems with DCOM. Message waiting light wont shut off after deleting e-mails tho but it at least kinda works. We had to fix a crap load of DCOM and run a batch file for SP2 firewall

Billy Bublitz
Jungle Logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back