Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IMS not deleting messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2004
US
Another issue with IMS. When IUcheck the message through the email, the light on the phone stays on and voicemail (if deleted in email) is not deleted from the phone. When checking the voicemail from the phone everything works ok. please help. George

Are you running Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003? Seemed to work fine with Outlook XP, but with 2003 didn't work, may be a few more settings that I may have missed.

Had the issue and have fixed it. We have loaded 3.1.65/3.1.21. Also, loaded the new outlook client. My understanding from Avaya is the main issue is the .DLL file. Also very important is the DComm settings noted above from TB49. We have not had an issue since.

I'm running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 with 3.1.65. It seems to work OK for clients as long as they don't use the cached Exchange mode. My understanding is that Avaya is still working on addressing this issue.

Can someone confirm this last statement that Avya is working on the fix? Most of (all for us) all laptop users will use cashed Exchange mode. How nice!!!

I just confirmed this:

Avaya Tier 3 technician, response was:

Cached mode for IMS is not supported. However they are working on IPO 4.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back