Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ims db

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurup

Programmer
Jun 1, 2001
IN
hi all,

can anyone tell me a good site to learn ims db.

regards
kurup

Kurup,
I'll tell you one of the best ways to learn IMS DB.I did this and I learned not only the basics but got into complex programming very quickly. There are books created by Mike Murach and Associates and are the best I've ever seen for all the major Mainframe skills. Go to and search for IMS. You only want the first book which covers IMS DB. This books leads you step by step through a complete understanding of IMS DB and you should be able to pick it up quick. There are some reference websites I know of but I think for a teaching of the skill itself, using a book is the best option. Go to the library and borrow it if you don't want to buy the book. If you can buy it though, it will be a constant source of reference to you and very helpful - mine is quite worn.
Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back