Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IMS Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

jduawa

MIS
Jun 11, 2002
US
What good does the IMS client do...Can't the IP Office send voicemails to email without it installed on the client. The clients are receiving voicemail messages but there is not attachment even though send as attachment is checked.
thanks

The IMS client allows the .wav files to stay on the VMS server yet act as if they are in the exchange server or the clients inbox. In other words, you don't fling megabyte files around everytime voicemails are left, bogging down bandwidth and disk space on the exchange server.

So your clients are getting emails telling them they have a voicemail? And you have selected "copy" or "forward" as their voicemail email option? If so, I would suspect something in your network/mail setup is blocking big honking attachments. 1 minute voicemail = 1MB :)

Peter

i see the wav files on the VM server i left test messages and they are only a few seconds long...one time it worked but since it worked once no more have come through. The users get the message but there is no attachment. One person who actually has the client piece installed says that when he opens the email the message is played so even though it is supposed to send as an attachment it looks like it is embedding it...where do you set it to forward or copy??

ims gateway and Db have been installed on the exchange server
ims voice installed on VM server
dcom settings were changed...clients NOT using ims client

I did the same thing the other day

i installed VMPro 2.1 and IMS

I configured every thing and no voicemails were being sent to my emails i didn't install the ims client.

I just went back to the manager program and ticked copy for all my users and uninstalled Ims and VMPro 2.1 and when back to VMpro 2.0

STOP IT NOW. BEFORE YOU DO MY HEAD IN.

The Voicemail Email settings in the IP Office configuration are nothing to do with IMS. [Anyone even thinking IMS Lite should be shot].

If you install IMS and don't install the IMS client on user do you really expect it to work!

If you have installed IMS and have given the users the IMS Client, and really really have a reason to want to also send them the wav file, look in the Voicemail Pro servers Control Panael for IP Office Voicemail Pro. Open it and uder the Email Settings tab you'll find options for Transmit Wav File and whether to Embed or Attach. ps. You don't have to do this for IMS to work just fine as Morrack explain.

NOW LETS ALL CHANT:- VOICEMAIL EMAIL IS NOT IMS, IMS IS NOT VOICEMAIL EMAIL.

[For the history buffs, Voicemail Email is a old Network Alchemy features (which begat IP Office). IMS is an old SDX feature, the guys who took over Network Alchemy, hence the confusing presence of two similar but different features.]

With that I'm going to take a holiday - beer and cider here I come.

ours is working again, in any case...believe it had to do with a dcom setting. Yes we plan on using voicemail to email without the ims client installed...people have said here that the synchronization doesnt work which is the only reason i could see a need for the client. WITHOPUT the client users still receive voicemail in their email with the attachment it just will not synchronize which is not expected

All I can do is shake my head and wonder. Pass me a beer, sizbut!

Can someone point me in the direction of Detailed Step-by-step instructions for setting up IMS integration? The docs are missing steps in them, not to mention they don't speak about 2003 support, but Avaya says 2.1.10 is capable. Unfortunately the manual on the 2.1.10 cd is corrupt and doesn't work.

Kris G.

Hey, your in luck good job your cd is corrupt now you dont have to install it.

Just joking, it does work on 2003SERVER and Exchange2003 with 2.1.10 and IPO with the patched version for tftp lockups.

It might worth just a little wait and use 2.1.27 ipo and 2.1.12 vm.

You can also use xp clients with sp2 requires some extra work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back