Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Impromput error when retrieving data

Status
Not open for further replies.

phomer2

Technical User
Oct 24, 2002
US
I have an error message stating

ORA-01002 : fetch out of sequence

then when clicking detail I get the following

Error number -237:

DMS-E-GENERAL, A general exception has occurred during operation 'asynchronous open'.
DMS-E-GENERAL, A general exception has occurred during operation 'fetch'.
ORA-01002: fetch out of sequence

Any ideas ?

I've seen this error before when upgrading reports from Imp 5 to 6. No real help on the Cognos knowledgebase. I found that I had to remove structures from the report until it would run, and then created them again. Voodoo, but it worked.

Regards,

Dave Griffin
The Decision Support Group
Reporting Consulting with Cognos BI Tools
"Magic with Data"
[pc2]

This report has been running fine all year on version 6.
the report hasnt been upgrading, ie, when it prompts me to upgrade I choose read only to produce the data.

This is confusing me as I dont do anything different.

I've also seen this one before caused by our db admin making a change one of the field data types in the database.

As dgriffin i fixed my report by using trial and error, removing fields until the report ran and then rebuilding.

Needless to say this was followed by a heated conversation with my db administrator on the lost art of communication. Gary Parker
Systems Support Analyst

I also had the same problem.

If a field data-type is changed on a view/table that the impromptu report is running off you can sometimes get this message. The easiest way to fix it (depending on the number of tables) is to go into the catalog and verify each table/view... usually the one with the problem will show up.

To fix it... remove it from the catalog and then put it back straight away. You should not loose any join information and the report should then work fine.

Regards,

Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back