Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Impromput Catalog and Hotfiles - Again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkcarlton

MIS
Sep 13, 2004
US
Hi All!

I am once again faced with the task of updating an existing hotfile. The data for the hotfile comes from a source that is not accessible by Impromptu. I have a spreadsheet, which I turned into an imr file and then saved it as an ims file - same file name and column headings as the previous hotfile. I opened the report, deleted then deselected the columns from the hotfile and get the following error message:
"DMS-E-RBI_COLUMN, Column c-14 was not found."

Like last time, I cannot find the original .imr that was used to create the .ims. In addition, when I try to open the catalog, several options are disabled (Folders, Properties, User Profiles, Tables, Joins). These are all options I used to have with my username and password. The only thing that has changed since my last login is my password.

I must be missing something here - any hints are greatly appreciated. I looked back at the replies I got last time I had this issue, but none solved my problem. That time I created a Smart Hotfile instead and starting using it. This is not an option here. If I can get the options back on the catalog, I can create a brand new hotfile with a different name.

Thanks,
K

Sorry, forgot to mention I am using Impromptu version 7.1.339.0 and catalog V760

Me again - I got it to work. Please disregard the original message. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back