Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Impromptu V6 does not open

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahali

Technical User
Jan 30, 2007
DE
Hi there,

we are still using Impromptu V6 in our company and today the following error occurred, but it is only one user who gets this error:
When trying to open the report she is getting the message:
"The report is not a valid Impromptu report."
After that a second error message appears: "Failed to open document %1. Its location has changed. Please check the full path of this file."
Other users do not get this error, but they are all in the same user class - does anyone have an idea???

Thank you very much in advance!

Mahali

Mahali,
Have you tried renaming the impromptu.ini file to, say, impromptu.ini.old to force Impromptu to generate a new one?

(If this works and you have settings in the old file that need preservation, copy them accross to the new file in Notepad or another text editor.)

HTH,
lex

soi la, soi carré
ymca.gif

Hi lex,

I have not tried this yet, but could this be the problem, if this is the only report, which can not be openend? The users says, the other reports open correctly.

Thank you again :)

Mahali

I get this every now and again on 7.1. To get around it I just open the report from within Impromptu itself.

Hi there,

just to get this topic finished: up to now I have not found a solution to the problem, but as we are planning to migrate to Cognos 8 in the next months, we are not going to invest more time than needed. The user found another workaround by just asking her colleagues to print the report for her and everyone is happy ;-)

Greetings,
Mahali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back