Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Impromptu Report Vs PowerPLay report

Status
Not open for further replies.

badhri

Programmer
Apr 8, 2001
US
Hi All,

I generated a report in Impromptu with Time Dimension and Geo Dimension and the result wasexpected. But when I try to generate the similar report from the Cube created using this Catalog I am not getting the same resuly.

Few inputs on these are,

1. I created a IQD file using this Catalog which I used for the report generation.
2. When I try to generate the same report from the query in the IQD file I get the correct result.

Kindly help.

Thanks,
Badhri ...

Hi,

A cube is not a catalog as a datasource, but cognos querry. The catalog only helps to create the cognos querry file (iqd).

Did you re-generate the cube with the latest data in de data warehouse? So do you have the same data in the warehouse as into the cube?

---------------------------------
Best Regards,
Fabrice

Hi Fabrice,

With the same IQD query i used to create the Cube I tried the generate some aggregated queries and they fetched the result set as expected.

Kindly let me know if I am missing something.

Badhri ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back