Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Impromptu Report, Prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

comsys

Programmer
Nov 7, 2003
US
Hi

My report running for awhile. How do I troubleshoot, In other words Is there any log files in Impromptu that would gives the report running status etc.. Both in IWR and Impromptu.

Secondly Where do I set an option to display number of entries that needs to be displayed in list prompt. Say for example I want to list only 20 order #s in prompt list.
What is the default numbers that gets listed in prompt.

Thanks

Cognos genius,

I would like to have answers to my questions.If my questions are wrong or If you want me to explain the questions properly let me know

Thanks

1. If your query is running a while,check out the profile tab, and look at your sql, and see if you can make it more efficient. Or, see your dba about help for this area. Create filters and see how fast it is for less rows before creating large report.
2. Create a report that includes your 20 for a list and use that for your report picklist. See your help files for details on picklists and prompting for them.
The default picklist limit is 100. You can change this, but I wouldn't, because it will default for all reports. So, only do this if you want this type of short listing for all prompts created in the future. This is what you do: open this file... c:\program files\cer2\bin\impromptu.ini and goto the line called "picklist limit=100" change the 100 to 20, then save, you have just changed it for all report prompts.

CP [cook]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back