Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Impromptu Prompts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commodore

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2001
US
When using date prompts - my default dates in the user prompts always come up formatted as yyyy-mm-dd. I would like them to show as mm/yy/dd for ease off use. I have set my default data format option to this - and it sets everything it pulls ok - but I cant figure out how to format the prompts.

I would also like to know how to show the prompt variable on the report. I would like to print with the values set by the users showing on the report.

Any help appreciated

To place the prompt variables on the report, select the insert menu, and within that, select 'more objects'. a window will appear enabling you to select what you want to insert into the report. Prompt Variables is an option in the list.

Unless you want to convert to text and arrange them in the order you want - no, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back