Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Impromptu prompt problem - Multiple versus single value

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymous1

Programmer
Nov 1, 2004
TT
Hi,

I have a prompt that is been used in the filter (x = ?promptx?). When I enter the prompt I get a listbox instead of combo box? The only thing I did was to change some report data. My understand is when you put "=" in the filter you are suppose to get a combo box and when you put an IN you get a listbox. I do not use this prompt in my report data.

Can anyone help me .

Thank you

You NEVER get a combo box. What you get is either a text entry field (for a type-in prompt) or a list box for any other type of prompt. A combo box is used in programming where the user can pick from a list OR type in their own information. This is not supported directly in Impromptu. I wish it was [sad].

Hope this helps,

Dave Griffin
The Decision Support Group
Reporting Consulting with Cognos BI Tools
"Magic with Data"
[pc2]

Hi,

Dave I tried to tell that when I do a filter with file pick list with an equal condition you are supposed to have a combo box. For me a combo box is a list that you can only select one value. Yesterday, I checked to Cognos web site and found that with the version 6.0.613 that this problem was corrected. My problem seems to be related with the version we have. I will need to upgrade the Impromptu version. My current version is 6.0.506.

Thank you

Actually, Impromptu has always limited the selection in a list box (what you call a combo box) to a single selection when used in an equality. The use of an IN clause allows multiple selections, either a range using the Shift key or discrete values using the Ctrl key. It's always worked this way (at least since version 3.01). If your version was not behaving this way it may have been a version bug that was fixed in a later RBF release of the same major release. I'm using 6.0.334.19 and do not see the problem.

Regards,

Dave Griffin
The Decision Support Group
Reporting Consulting with Cognos BI Tools
"Magic with Data"
[pc2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back