Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Impromptu Join Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

rboyle1

Programmer
Dec 3, 2001
US
I am having trouble joining detail files without creating a loop. For example Vendors joins to invoice details and invoice details joins to checks. If I link vendor directly to checks as well, I get a loop in the analyze window. This seems to work fine. However if I remove the direct link from vendors to checks, the report produces multiple records for each check (many invoice details can be part of one check). Is it OK to have loops in these types of situations?

It is ok to have loops in most situations. You just have to check the data afterwards in your results.

cp

hi,
u have to create view which should have all the links in that itself . u simply call that view in to u r catalog and create report without any problem. Generally we use to do like that only

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it!

Re-import one of the detail tables as an alias, used this table in the catalogue to avoid a loop. Tedious I know, but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back