Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Impromptu Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADB1

Programmer
Aug 24, 2001
GB
Has anybody encountered the following error within Impromptu? If so, what does it mean, and how is it fixed.

--------------------------
Error number -239:

DMS-E-GENERAL, A general exception has occurred during operation 'prepare request'.
DMS-E-DBPARSER, The underlying database detected an error during processing of the SQL request.
[NCR][Teradata DBS] '{' ('7B'X) is not a valid DBC/SQL token.
---------------------------

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Adam.

Are you still getting this error? It could be one of a couple of different things.

- System is down, token, server, database problems?

- sql not correct ( did this run before without an error?)

- environment problems?

I am getting this error also.

The systems are up and running fine.

I cannot check the SQL but this is a report that has been used many times before and has not been altered.

There are no environment problems.

There is one difference, I have upgraded my ODBC driver to the latest NT driver, I believe that this coincides with getting the error messages.

Any suggestions would be most welcomed.

I am getting a similar error...
Error number -239:

DMS-E-GENERAL, A general exception has occurred during operation 'prepare request'.
DMS-E-RBI_TABLE, The table or view DM2_EMP_PLAN was not found in the dictionary.

The SQL makes it to the server (Oracle 8i) and works when using the user-id that created the table, but not for a newly created user. The SQL is being sent from Impromptu...so from these other messages I would say Impromptu is the issuer.

Try using flexible processing in the Report->Query->Client/Server tab. Some times it happens if you are using comparisons based on calculated columns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back