Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Impromptu documentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

so2001

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2004
CA
Hi there,

I am new to this forum and to Cognos BI tools.
I have been reading the PDF documentation that came with the tools...but feel like its not enough...

Can any one suggest any other sources for learning about Cognos Impromptu/Powerplay? Besides this forum ;)

~so2001

Cognos derive a good income from running courses on their products; your reseller will be more than happy to advise or put you in contact with the national office.
They are expensive, but most companies have a training budget to cover this sort of expense. After all, buying the software and not using it to its capacities is also expensive.
The courses include detailed books with worked examples and exercises, so a cheaper option if your company won't pay would be if you can borrow or acquire these books from former attendees.

soi la, soi carre

thanks a lot drlex, i'll see if they are willing to do that.

~so2001

Cognos also released CBT's and I am being told by my IT department that the CBTs are just as good as the courses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back