Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Impromptu : Appending values in labels... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJCam

Programmer
Sep 10, 2001
US
Ok, here's the deal...

I'm getting 5 rows back from a query with 5 different values in one of the fields. So for the sake of arguement, let's just say that the values are 1 through 5.

How can I create a label (which will be displayed in the page header) that displays like the following...

"Claim ID: 1,2,3,4,5"

Is something like this even possible in Impromptu?

Thanks in advance,
- Cam

A form frame in the header might do the trick. The form frame lets you break row values out right-to-left or top-to-bottom.

Sounds like you need right-to-left and then select the number of fields (rows) you want to appear. The only problem is that you have select the number of rows ahead of time (can't append rows dynamically).

HTH,

Justin

Thanks Justin, I had thought of that but the fact that I can't do that dynamically drove me away from that option.

Our report has changed slightly though. The Claim ID field we're looking to put in the header is now a prompt. Since we can't enter multiple Claim IDs in the form of "1,2,3", we've shown the users how to do this via the "Filter" tab in the Query window.

Now I'm wondering if we can display that little bit of SQL in a label... but I can't see how.

Thanks again,
- Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back