Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

impromptu 7.3 won't close

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonjarvis

IS-IT--Management
Apr 17, 2003
GB
Does anyone know why Impromtu (sometimes) won't close. You click on the top right X and nothing. Can crash it out using the task manager.

Is it possible that it thinks it is still retreiving data from the database? I have tried closing the catalog first but that doesn't work either.

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

You don't want to know how many times a day that exact same issue pops up on my system. I've learned to live with it.

Not that my answer provides any solution, just thought I'd tell you that I have that problem as well.

Best,
Henk

Thanks Henk - but you are right it doesn't make me feel any better!
I suspect the query is still runing against the database even though I have closed the report, and the catalog - but I don't know how to check it.

Will let you know if i find a solution.

Simon

Hi Simon,

Forgot to mention in my previous post, it typically happens when I get an error that is catalog-related, for instance when I have a report that was built with an old version of a catalog and now the catalog is updated.

It also sometimes happens when I use a date prompt and I accidentally enter the wrong value, for instance 31-2-2006. (which I feel should be handled more gracefully by Impromptu, but that's a different story. (How about a date-selection through a calendar popup... that's pretty standard in Windows, right? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back