Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing Word documents into quark

Status
Not open for further replies.

doodah

MIS
Apr 1, 1999
US
How do you import tables from a Word doc and keep the formatting?<br>

I import them as a picture file. In other words, I make the box just as if I was adding a graphic, then I cut and paste the table into Quark using the "Get Text/Picture" option under the file menu. This is probably not the best way, but it works for me. I then resize the table to fit the area I've prepared for it.<br>
<br>
There is also a beta Xtension available on the Quark page for importing Word 8.0 Text. It does not retain the formatting.<br>

Thanks for replying. That is exactly the way I am doing it-slowly but surely. I was hoping for an easier way. I'm on a tight deadline and the doc is 75% tables.

hello doodah

Today i read ur problem now in version 5.0 of QuarkXPress has the solution for ur problem.

Now 5.0 is having tables in it, and u can work on them and u can get the upgrade of all the versions.

if u want to buy online u can go the website '
regards
minna677

Yup, Those are the only two solutions i could think of too. Either you can import the tables as pictures or you could get yourself QuarkXPress version 5.0 because you can now create tables in QuarkXPress itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back