Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing to IM.ITEMEXT via ODBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

armanps

MIS
Feb 3, 2004
US
Hi!

I was trying to import records from MS SQL to MAS using Visual Integrator but the only fields imported are the ItemNumber and Sequence Number. The other fields, CommentSize and CommentText were not imported. I already tried to make a condition on Tab#4 (Records) that's always true. I need help again.

Thanks in advance,

Arman

Can you past the job info?

Ascii dumb question, get a dumb Ansi

Import Item's Extended Description

CONFIGURATION INFORMATION
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FILE NAME: IM.ITEMEXT I/M Item Extended Description
DATA SOURCE: SQL_MAS
FILE TYPE: ODBC

INSERT ALL FIELDS DURING SETUP: Y
PASSWORD: NO

DATA ITEMS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ITEM ITEM NAME FG TYPE OPERATION COLUMN IMPORT MASK SUB-STRING
00001 ITEM_NUMBER S STRING REPLACE 00001 Start: 1 Len: 15 No
00002 SEQ_NUMBER S ZERO-FILL REPLACE 00002 Start: 1 Len: 3 No
00003 COMMENT_SIZE S1 ZERO-FILL REPLACE 00003 Start: 1 Len: 4 No
00004 COMMENT_TEXT S2 STRING REPLACE 00004 Start: 1 Len: 50 No

RECORD SELECTION
ITEM TYPE DESCRIPTION COLUMN START LENGTH RELATION VALUE
00001 1 Header Record 00004 00001 00001 <> ?
00002 2 Comment Record 00003 00001 00001 <> ?

VALIDATION RECORDS
ITEM FIELD METHOD SKIP FILE/STRING/EXPRESSION
00001 ITEM_NUMBER FILE N IM.ITEM
00002 SEQ_NUMBER STRING N
00003 COMMENT_SIZE STRING N
00004 COMMENT_TEXT STRING N

Have you verified that the fields under the odbc table selected contains column 3 and 4, your missing data?

Ascii dumb question, get a dumb Ansi

I was able to import it now successfully. I just specified the Header Record as the CommentText field and the Comment Record as the CommentSize field on the Records tab (#4).

Sorry for the late response... just arrived from a short vacation.

Thanks for the help! Truly appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back