Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing Scheduled Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB45

Technical User
Feb 3, 2005
US
CE 10

I have a server running out of disk space and am in the process of transferring to a new server. I used the import utility to move all the objects but it does not look like any of my scheduling came over. Is there another way to do this or is there something more I need to do?

Thanks
BB

Yes,

using the CCM (Crystal Configuration Manager) instead of the Import Wizard to migrate the database should migrate all of the scheduled instances.

If you just migrate the database the files wont' be copied over. The import wizard should import your instances as well, are you sure that :

1. You're asking the import wizard to import the instances.
2. You're not getting any errors during the import? (Click on the objects in the list on the final screen to see errors.

Ungulate is correct.

I should have added that following using the CCM to migrate the system database from one environment to the other, you will need to manually copy over the input and output file repositories.

The Import Wizard does not migrate scheduled instances (status recurring), just historical instances(status success).

Migrating the system database via the CCM will migrate the recurring status instances.

Just for anyone in the future. I am migrating the CMS by backing up the CE database and restoring it on to my new system with a different name. Then I am migrating the data from the old database to the new through the data source migration tool in the properties of the CMS. I will then copy all of the directories and files in the FileStore directory. This looks to be working.

Thanks for all your input.

BB

Note: This will probably not work.

The CE (and BOE) system database embeds the server name throughout the system database and is encrypted. Assuming the new server has a different name to the old server, this causes the problem.

So, while the restore and migration will go through smoothly, when you attempt to start the CMS, it will not start, hence the whole system will not start.

You must do a clean install of CE10 onto your new server in order to have it create the system database with the new server name embedded into it. Then migrate the old system database content either by the Import Wizard or the CCM migrate method.

I did the clean install and have migrated successfully. The other trick I learned is that you must start as well as enable the new "Servers" while diabling the old.

Thanks
BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back