Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing Reports Weird Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeadnaS

Programmer
May 30, 2011
Hi folks,

I'm trying to import a lot of reports from one access database into another. I'm using access 2003 and i keep getting a "No Current Record" error on a number of reports and they will not import.

I created a blank database and tried importing them into it but i got the same error. I looked in the options and tried changing the default file format to access 2000 on both the mdb i was importing from and the mdb i was importing into. This got rid of the error message but the same reports that were causing the error simply did not import. I did a "select all" when importing the reports but the ones which caused the error originally simply did not import and did not produce an error.

I have tried importing the reports individually but the same thing happens.

Does anybody know what could be causing this, i can't find any help on google.

Thanks,

Seadna.

Do you get the same result when trying to Export them? Have you checked that the properties of the report are not set to 'Hidden'

HTH << MaZeWorX >> "I have not failed I have only found ten thousand ways that don't work" <<Edison>>

Yes i get the exact same result when exporting the report and no the properties are not set to hidden. I really don't understand whats going on here.

I tried importing it to the same blank database just there and im getting an error message saying Property not found.

It keeps giving me different errors or no error at all. I tried the exact same thing again and it produced the error:

The microsoft jet database engine could not find the object 'DigSig'. make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path correctly.

I do not know of any object in there called 'DigSig'.

just for fun change the name of one of the reports to 8 characters or less and try an import

humor me :)

HTH << MaZeWorX >> "I have not failed I have only found ten thousand ways that don't work" <<Edison>>

Didn't work maze. Thanks though.

a corrupt data base would be my next guess

I have tried a different workaround. Instead of importing the Reports, I deleted the forms in the old database and imported the new forms and modules from the new database. Seems to have worked. Only noticeable difference being that the buttons are all old looking.

thats a db properties setting you can change it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back