Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

importing PDF files

Status
Not open for further replies.

ypct

Technical User
May 27, 2002
NZ
can anyone please tell me why is it that i can import some pdf files into a picture box in quark but not others... is there a filter i should have????

thanks in anticipation, bodgie

I hadn't any problems importing PDFs into Quark 5 picture boxes...until today! I don't know why this particular one didn't work because I've been using some pretty complex PDFs up to now without any problems...

I will say this, though. Even though the troublesome file opened fine in Acrobat Reader, it crashed every time I tried to print it. Also, copying it directly onto a RIP also produced an error, as did opening it in Illustrator.

In short, I suppose some PDF files aren't all that portable, and it may not be Quark at all. Then again....

Hi
ypct (TechnicalUser)

Some Pdf File are secure and you can't print them from any software. to print that pdf file you need a password for that particular pdf so you can make that pdf unsecure. Only then you can print that pdf, if it is secure document.

upkar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back