Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing Partial Table using SSIS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmgmzp

Programmer
Aug 18, 2006
US
I want to use SSIS to import a table from access to SQL Server. The table already exists in SQL Server so it wont need to be created on the import. However, at this point I dont want to import the whole table over... how would I filter the source table so that I only import records based on a certain customer?

Would it be best just to create a view in access and import from that or is there a more effecient way to do it in SSIS. I have quite a few tables that i'm going to need to do this on.

in your destination use a SQL command rather than Table or view. THen you can input the exact statement you need executed. If this value needs to be dynamic you can pass the variable by using a ?.

Paul
---------------------------------------
Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!
- Daffy Duck

Thanks! Just to clarify... you want me to put a SQL command in my DESTINATION rather than my SOURCE?

no you put the sql command in your source to limit the data. if the data is already in your data flow then you can use a conditional split to filter out the needed data.

Paul
---------------------------------------
Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!
- Daffy Duck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back