Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

importing outlook mail into notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinTheGerbil

IS-IT--Management
Apr 20, 2001
GB
Hello,

Is it possible to import my outlook mail into my lotus notes v5? I cant find any documents anywhere to enable me to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

You can migrate your mail to Lotus Notes from Microsoft Outlook (Office) but not directly from Outlook Express. You must install the migration tools for Notes and use command line instruction c:\lotus\notes\nupgrade 3.

Regards

Maria

If I remember well nupgrade was removed from the Domino/Notes CD (after 5.0.3 - I think) because Lotus did not renew the contract with BinaryTree.

Hope this help,

Jean-Louis

The 5.6a Lotus Cd I had does have the nupgrade option and will install it to the computers hard drive if the conversion tools or choosen in the Custom install as fedcba described.

BH2

I have installed the migration tools (nupgrade etc.) from the 5.0.10 CD and I have had limited success converting Outlook items into Notes items. Specifically the contacts or archived mail database in Notes reports X number of items, but I can only see a small subset of those if any. Does anyone know of a FAQ regarding Nupgrade usage and Outlook preparation before running Nupgrade?

We have a support contract w/ IBM for Lotus. I'm on the phone w/ the tech and he can't even get nupgrade to work. He put me on hold now and is surely asking someone else wtf is going on, hahah. I'm not sure what the hold up is but they should be able find out.

Yeah Sm06! Please post whatever you find out. I still want to know about this issue.

Sounds like this is supposed to be done while using the Admin client's DUS tool. When creating a new user on the Domino server you are supposed to be able to migrate the .pst file. I mentioned backing up all the user's DB's, recreating the user, migrate .pst data and restoring the other previously backed up lotus DB's (mail, calendar etc). Hope that helps.

Roth,

Have you heard of Binary Tree? They make a conversion tool. There is also another tool called UniAccess. UniAccess was free, i think, I put some time into figuring out but gave up when I remembered I could call IBM for help.

C-ya

Thanks SM06. I think management has already nixed Binary tree, but I'll check out UniAccess. I hadn't heard of that one.

- RothCaster

Roth,

Off subject:

Do you play on XBOX live or online warcraft3? looking for others to play w/.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back