Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing NSF files from Lotus Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2000
US
Is there some way I can import a Lotus Notes NSF file to Outlook? If I can't import to Outlook, is there some viewer that allows me to see NSF files? (I do not have a Notes system, and a client sent me a large NSF file that contains copies of emails.) Thanks in advance. :cool:
[sig][/sig]

Did you ever get a response/find asolution to this--I'm needing it as well, Carina,
Thanks,
Rick :-D

I have been using Lotus Notes now for nearly two years and do not know of any way in which a Lotus Notes Database can be imported into Outlook.
You can use Lotus Notes Address Books within Outlook, but this is because they are designed in a different way to database.

Sorry!

grutch's response hit the proverbial 'nail on the head'. Lotus Notes "NSF" files are proprietary Lotus Notes database files and Outlook is simply an email client, hence the problem. If you (for example) received a lotus notes "nsf" file as an attachment to an email message, you would still need a Lotus Notes client (and a lotus notes ID) installed on the local machine which Windows would then 'associate' the attachment with "notes", open notes, and then open the database (presuming you had access to the file based upon the access control list (ACL).

I've never tried using the too grutch suggested, by I'm interested in finding out how and IF it can work, pending encryption and ACL issues???

Carina, did you ever figure out how to move/convert email messages located in a Notes .nsf mailbox file to Outlook? I need to do the same.

Derringer-
By now I have left the firm where I was employed when I asked the question. But the response from Grutsch (above) looks like a good lead.
--Carina
Carina Lister
Technology Services
City of Long Beach
carina_lister@ci.long-beach.ca.us

A utility called UniAccess by ComAxis will convert .nsf to .pst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back