Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing Min Max settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordJames

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2005
US
How can I import the Inventory "Order point Quantity" and Order up to Quantity" into GP 10. I have about 7000 records in an excel file from our old system with Min Max settings by warehouse and bin I'd like to use but I can't find an Intergration or Table Imoport to correctly handle this. Anyone have a backend SQL script that will work?

If I'm not mistaken I think you should be able to update the Item Quantity Master from Integration Manager when doing the Item Master loads. I don't have IM now so I can't verify if it is one of the associated tables that gets updated with the Item Master load.

However to just update the table try you could use the Table Import utility with the Destination Table being Item Quantity Master (IV00102 - IV_Item_Mstr_Qtys) . Be careful using the table import as it does not do all of the checks and balances that Integration Manager does.

Table IV00102 holds the item quantites.

The fields you need are;

ORDRPNTQTY = MIN
ORDRUPTOLVL = MAX

I am on GP 7.5 but imagine these are fairly similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back