Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing .jpg, .gif files into an active movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

heggeman

Programmer
Jun 13, 2000
GB
Dear fellow Flashers,<br><br>I have recently begun to use Flash on websignes I (co-)design. Is it possible to import a .jpg or .gif file into a running movie when the picture is saved in the same server?<br><br>eg. I am running <i>movie.swf</i> in <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> <br>Uploaded on the <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> server is a file called <i>picture1.gif</i> and <i>picture2.gif</i>.<br>Is it possible for me to import <i>picture1.gif</i> and <i>picture2.gif</i> into my movie? If so, how and how can I have it displayed on the location I want: with what commands? (Java?)<br><br>A sincere thank you in advance.<br><FONT FACE=monospace>Bas Hegge</font><br>The Netherlands.

Go take a look at my personnal web site and click on the links section:<br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> me if that is what you are lokking for...<br><br>_________________<br><br>I have tried different approches for some of my clients ( I also design Websites ), I have tried Javascript NewWindow, but, when you click on the button if you already have a pop up window the newer window goes behind the principal window...<br>A big problem because I always try to put myself at the place of a begginer, and I am pretty shure that a beginer will never notice in his taskbar that a new window appeared...<br><br>Anyway, I have also tried LOAD MOVIE, It was working great on my computer and it was also working great on the web, until I test it with a 56k regular telephone line modem, ( my principal computer is connected to the web via a cable modem ).<br>The problem with the load movie (in my opinion) is that you already have a principal movie (streaming), and then you ask for another movie to load on top ( the delay cause by the action of calling a new movie takes too long...), the beginer will think it did not work and try to click an other button, wich then cancelled the first action and then call a new movie... and so on.<br><br>The best way in my opinion is by loading a movie on top of you principale stage, with a blank frame and a stop action, then on the same layer you put your different photos with different keyframes (with a stop action) and different labels.<br><br>If you are interested in that solution, I can send you an .fla (it is very easy, when you understand the concept)<br><br><br> <p>Jean Boucher<br><a href=mailto:boucherjean@videotron.ca>boucherjean@videotron.ca</a><br><a href=

Dear mr Boucher,<br><br>Your reply, although helpful, was not the main part of my problem. Perhaps if I rephrase and tell you more exactly my aims you would be willing to help me further.<br><br>I have plans to make a webpage in which surfers are able to upload a picture to the server. When the picture is uploaded I want the Flash movie to insert it in the running movie, ie to superimpose a picture over a sample clear movie clip.<br><br>Can this be done?<br><br><br>Many thanks in advance.<br>Your website impressed me greatly.<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Bas Hegge<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;The Netherlands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back