Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing into MAS 90 4.3 and/or 4.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

AESandra

Technical User
Dec 28, 2010
US
My task is to figure out how to import excel/cvs files into MAS90. We are using version 4.3 but will update to 4.4 very soon.

After doing my research, I found the Import Master and the Visual Integrator. It seems to me that Import Master is something used in older versions. Am I right?
Also, do I need the VI to import or can it be done without it? As of now, we don't have that module.

We will be exporting expense reports from another software into excel/cvs and then want to import those into MAS90.

Thank you for any help.

You have a few options for importing based on what you want to do. In 4.30 here are your options:

Journal entries:
- General ledger exchange
- Visual Integrator
- Business object interface

A/P invoices:
- Visual integrator
- Business Objects interface

P/O entries:
- Visual integrator

The different modules have different options.

Dawn

Visit Sage's Online Community

Thank you for your answers.

The next question would be: Is it an extended/extra module that we need to purchase in order to use the Business Object Integrator?

It was at one time but as of version 4.30 it's included in the system. It's not a module you see on the menu, however. It's the "ability" to access MAS 90/200 without using the main program. It basically allows you to program interfaces in any language that accesses COM objects via code.

I do my work in VBScript because it's a very simple and basic scripting language to use but you can use VB.NET, C#, etc.

The one thing you need to make sure of is that the "Allow External Access" is checked in company maintenance.

Check out the Sage Community; there is an entire forum on the Business Objects interface and some posts include sample code.

Dawn

Visit Sage's Online Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back