Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing IIS Log File into Access Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

scripter73

Programmer
Apr 18, 2001
US
Hi.
I have a log file generated by IIS. The log file is compliant with NCSA (National Center for Supercomputing Applications). My goal is to either find/create a script that takes certain portions of this log file and read them into predefined Access fields.

I'm a newbie at this, so I guess my question is - Does anyone know where there's a good script to do this or could someone point me in the direction of creating my own ASP script?

Included is a sample of 2 log entries. I basically want to read each line, and divide it into chunks and put in the database.

The beginning portion of the log file looks like:
<Line 1>10.11.130.80 - - [01/May/2001:13:52:59 -0600] &quot;GET /insuredacct/index.cfm HTTP/1.0&quot; 200 355

<Line 2>10.11.130.80 - - [01/May/2001:13:52:59 -0600] &quot;GET /insuredacct/AgtAcctQ.cfm HTTP/1.0&quot; 200 3046

Any tips or advice is appreciated.

Thank you very much,
Scripter73

Sorry no good advice but I am looking for the same thing so I would love to know if you were successful in your quest.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back