Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing Greetings in to a Call Pilot 100/150

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavstech

Vendor
Jun 13, 2007
US
Has anyone ever been successful in accomplishing this? If so could you please tell me how you did it? Every time I try it looks like the greeting is sent but nothing can be played back.

Probably does recognize the file.

Save your recording as:
• Bit Rate - 8 KHz
• Audio sample size - 16 bit
• Channels - 1 (mono)
• Audio format - PCM

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I get the same result even when I try to import a greeting created using the call Pilot Player. I have tried the Player from the 3.0 CD and the 3.1 CD. Call pilot software is at 31.10.37.22. I have tried both Windows 7 and Windows XP.
Anything I am missing?

Using the Call Pilot Player I save recording directly as a .vbk file and then try to import it. Set displays playing for a split second but no sound is heard.

-Have you tried other players to record? Try not to use Windows Recorders.
-What is the file size of the .vbk file?
-How many seconds is the greeting length?
-Is your MIC working? Do BOTH the .wav AND the .vbk play OK using the Callpilot Player?
-What build version is the Callpilot Player?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

No I Have not. Any recommendations?
You mean record in another player as .wav and then convert to .vbk using Call Pilot Player correct?
The recording I made is 7 seconds long. Yes both play using the Call pilot Player. Build is 2.01.27.14

At this point I am not trying to use the greeting provided by the customer. I will address that possible issue after I successfully import a locally recorded greeting using my laptop. Yes the MIC works since I can play back my recording using Call pilot player.

The customer provided greeting that was converted does not show length in Call Pilot Player. Customer may have converted it using a newer Call Pilot Player so that may definitely be an issue.

Just throwing in a couple of cents. I have never had to convert the .wav files before I imported them. I have take the files, customer provided or our own creations, and imported them and all was good. I would assume the CP Player just changed the format as needed. Just a thought.

If its not working, get a bigger hammer!

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

On a BCM you do not need to, but the Call pilot 100/150 only uses .vbk files.

OK. I thought I had done it with a MICS, but its been too long ago.[sleeping2]

If its not working, get a bigger hammer!

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back