Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

importing from Word into Access to update a record

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwilime

Technical User
Mar 6, 2001
US
I created a button to open a Word document and to fill in the form fields from a recordset. My question is how to get the the form fields from Word into Access to update the record?

Do I need to save the word document into a text file and then import? I have only found where importing will only add new records to the db. Or how can I set the form fields back to the db?

thanks in advance for suggestions.

I'm Strongly worry, why you want to update the record through MSWord rather than MSAccess, may i know what you are planning to do.
Other wise, you need a generate code to read that file each time you open the form and each time close it.
Good Luck

There are 50 pages of Word forms a department uses currently. They fill these out and print for the client's file. There is a "rule" the form has to be the approved form used for documentation. I could create a form in Acces for each form and then merge into Word to use the correct form format except there are 1500 fields to deal with already. Is it possible to update a record in access using a text file?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back