Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing Excel into BO report

Status
Not open for further replies.

vasuakk

IS-IT--Management
Mar 2, 2005
US
All,

I am new to Business Objects...what i am trying to do here is to import an excel file on my hard drive into the BO Report and combine the data from the excel report along with the data already in the universe to produce some results. But the drop down in the wizard which allows us to select the personal data files (.xls, .txt, etc)doesn't show me the option of .xls files. For that matter it doesn't show any other file options except vba procedures. Is this an installation issue? I am stuck here , would greatly appreciate it if someone could help in this issue.

Vasu.

Can you pls post a snapshot of the same with the drop down open

I don't see a way to post a snapshot in this forum, can u let me know if u know how? i will be more than happy to let u know how the scenario looks.

This is a Supervisor issue. Make sure you profile let's you were with personal files.

Steve Krandel
VERITAS Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back