Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing Excel-files in Crystal Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

iemand

Programmer
Feb 17, 2003
NL
How do I import an Excel-file into Crystal Reports?

In Excel, go to Tools>Add-ins and check the Crystal Reports Wizard. If there is no Crystal Reports Wizard available, hit the Browse button and find the file called crptxls.xla in C:\Program Files\Seagate Software\Report Designer Component.

Double-clicking it will allow you to now select Crystal Reports Wizard as one of your Add-Ins. A little Crystal logo should then appear in your Excel taskbar. Open an Excel file, arrange it, and then hit the Crystal button to export.

I would set the ODBC up as a System DSN, We access our excel ODBC over a network, and although I'm not positive,
I think it has to be set up as a System DSN to be available to more than 1 machine. Can Anyone comment?

Also, with system DSN's I've found that if you don't have "Show System Tables" checked, when you add new fields to your excel file, they will not show up.

"Show System Tables" can be found in File > Options > Database Tab >

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back