Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing Excel file into contacts within Outlook 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmielbye

MIS
Aug 22, 2001
US
Can anyone assist me in how to accomplish this? I have a large excel file (Names and phone numbers) and I need to import them into my Outlook contacts.

Thanks, Fred

The best that i can offer is that if you can get the contacts into an access database then you can get them to outlook easily using this:

go there and it should be number 17. This will give you a database. Get the contacts in there and you can then export them all to outlook.

You can do a large copy and paste into the access table.
If you format your excel contacts to match the columns of the access table you can then select them all, copy them and paste them into the access table. All you have to do is make sure you select the same number of rows in access as you have in excel.

I'm not too good at explaining myself so if you want to use this method but don't understand what i mean let me know

hope this helps

Matt

Change the xls file extension to a CSV file. Then use the import function in Outlook to import the CSV file into your contacts. You will be more successful with a CSV file than an XLS file.

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back